15th Annual Business Luncheon (Virtual)
Talent Retention Challenges and the Future of Legal Practice in Nigeria
8th December, 2022
About the 15th SPA Ajibade & Co. Annual Business Luncheon
The law firm of SPA Ajibade will be holding the 15th Edition of its signature Annual Business Luncheon on Thursday, 8th of December, 2022. The event will be held virtually.
Introduced in 2008, the Annual Business Luncheon (ABL) is an S. P. A. Ajibade & Co. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) event directed at highlighting contemporary issues affecting the legal profession in Nigeria, with intent on assisting in identifying workable and practical solutions to these problems.
The theme of the 2022 Annual Business Luncheon (#SPAACOABL2022) is “Talent Retention Challenges and the Future of Legal Practice in Nigeria.”
The Luncheon discussions will address issues relating to improving law firms’ (and related organisations and departments) ability to retain their talent-base at a time when there is massive movement of staff (from top to bottom) between law firms, to other organisations and out of the country, in what has now been termed the “japa” syndrome.
Competition Rules/Guidelines for submission
1. The Competition is open to lawyers between 1-7 years post-call excluding staff of SPA Ajibade & Co.
2. Participants are to write an Essay between 1000 to 2000 words on the theme of the #SPAACOABL2022, i.e. “Talent Retention Challenges and the Future of Legal Practice in Nigeria” citing the problems and possible solutions.
5. The essay should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Entries must be made no later than 12 midnight of December 2, 2022.
The winner will be announced during the Luncheon which will take place on Thursday 8th December, 2022. All participants are encouraged to register and attend.
1. Registration/examination sponsorship for one certificate-earning vocational course with any of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb); the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSAN); or the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
2. Brand new laptop with either LawPavillion, All Appeal Court Reports and LegalPedia Installed.
Please note that the sponsorship is for the examination registration alone and does not include additional payments.
FROM PREVIOUS SESSIONS
RECAP OF THE 2021 SESSION
RECAP OF THE 2020 SESSION
CONNECT WITH US